Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome 2008!

The new year always brings on strange mix of nostalgia, reminiscing and the excitement of starting new. I think as we plan ahead, it's only natural to look back to what brought us to this moment.

One of my annual year-end traditions is to write out my new year's goals and to re-organize and clean out all my old files to make room for the new. I usually find old notes, photos, daily planning lists, etc. During that process this past month I found an old college assignment that I just couldn't part with. It was brief story for a creative writing assignment I wrote in November of 1999. It read ...
Does the harsh coldness of the city ever make you want to snuggle up to the warm hospitality of a small town? Do you picture an old-fashioned town with cobblestone streets, quaint shops and a neighborly smile on every passerby? There is such a place to escape to ...
That place is Mount Dora. And now, almost 10 years later, I live here. Wow.

I believe that how you spend your New Year's Eve is what sets the tone for how the rest of your year is going to be. And if last night was any indicator, it's going to be a year of happiness, laughter, great wine, and more good times and memories made with family & friends. And of course, success. Right now I've got the song Little Wonders playing on my computer and the lyrics couldn't be more perfect:

Our lives are made in these small hours, these little wonders, these twists & turns of fate. Time falls away, but these small hours, these small hours still remain .




No comments: