Monday, January 7, 2008

Ruby Reds

I was looking at the last couple of posts and I realized all of the titles are food related. So, I'm going to attempt to not make this post about food. (Crickets: chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp ...)

Okay, so I live in a town where most of my friends and neighbors are foodies and winos. I've learned more about wine while living here than I ever would have reading my book "Wine for Dummies" cover to cover. There is only one real way to learn, and that is through experience. Sip. Sip. Sip.

With no less than 8 locales to purchase fine wine within walking distance of my front door, I've become a bit of a lush. For instance, this evening we're sipping on a Spanish Protocolo. This is the type of wine that makes you bring your fingers to you lips and blow a kiss into the air like any tipsy European would. I would describe it as having a fruity nose, very berry, medium-bodied, low acidity. Kind of like a pinot noir, but better. Love the tempranillo grape. Love it. Love it. Love it.

--Rachelle

No comments: