Thursday, January 17, 2008

Southern Cookin' ...

Though not normally my thing I had a hankering for some good ole fashioned Southern Style BBQ this evening. We decided to try out the new place in Mount Dora that opened up where Dixie Crossroads used to be and is now known as Backyard Boys Bar-B-Que.

The place was hopping busy but we were able to be seated right away. It was very much a family atmosphere inside the restaurant and the staff were all super nice and friendly.

Don't let the word "family" deter you if you are suddenly having visions of Disneyland or the like. I noticed on the way in a full service bar with plenty of seats. Looks like you can have a few drinks without disturbing a soul inside..

Mount Dora is the third location for Backyard Boys BBQ. They have a location in Orlando and one in Sanford. Appears to me as if they have a formula for success. Our server told us they make all four flavors of the BBQ sauce on the premises and they were all great.

I ordered the pulled pork and a baked sweet potato that I thought was fabulous. Rachelle had the sliced pork and I know she thought it was great because I wasn't even offered a sample before it totally disappeared from her plate. There were many great choices on the menu.


Notice the size of the water "jars" we were served in. I actually got nervous when I ordered a Killian's Red from the tap. No cause for concern though as you see in the adjacent photo, the beer came in a "mini me" version of the water jar.

Next time BBQ is on your mind I recommend a visit to the new Backyard Boys BBQ.

Cheers,
Brian

No comments: