Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pickin' Strawberries

The grey skies stayed dry! So we were able to make it to the strawberry fields after all. Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits, so I was so excited to find out that Oak Haven Farms is only 3 miles away from my downtown home where I can pick my own berries.




I may have lived in the city for 10 years, but I'm just a country girl at heart. I was tickled to be out on a farm today breathing in some fresh air, enjoying some home-made strawberry shortcake and taking in the views.






You guys out there need to take note ... this would make a FANTASTIC Valentine's date. Or at least that's what us girls decided while sitting around a fire roasting our hot dog lunch. Add a picnic basket, bottle of champagne and some chocolate to these strawberry fields and you're going to win an award for Man of the Year.




It's a great family thing too. Some friends of mine met me out here today with their two sons and it was quite a big deal for them to climb on tractors and play in the dirt. There is even two playgrounds for kids to climb up on things or go for a swing.





When I was in Italy they called things like this Agri-Tourismo. I guess we can call it Agri-Entertainment. Definitely make your plans to get out here soon because strawberry season ends in mid-April.



--Rachelle




1 comment:

Jim Hobart said...

This looks like a great time... I may take your advice and be "man of the year." I too am a strawberry aficionado. Thanks for the great post.