Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday ... Rainy Sunday

We haven't had many cool, rainy days this winter in Florida but today was an exception. The first thing that came to mind after walking outside was "comfort food"! It was time to visit the Frosty Mug Icelandic Restaurant & Bar.

Rachelle and I had a craving for some hot and spicy "Icelandic Style Chili" and from past experience I knew that Frosty Mug had the right stuff. Oddly enough I still can't say for sure what constitutes "Icelandic Chili"?


Unfortunately for us the bad news came via the announcement that chili was not on the lunch menu today. We had to settle for some "Icelandic Style" French Onion Soup. It was fabulous and hit the spot right away! It must be the heaping pile of onion rings on top that makes it "Icelandic"? Are the onions grown on the "chilly" frozen tundra? I promise to query the owner next chance I get.

There are a number of authentic Icelandic recipes on the menu so I naturally assume that everything must have some sort of Icelandic flair. My personal favorite has to be the Gravlax. I will save the description and let you discover it on your own next time you come to town.


The Frosty Mug is a fabulous place located in downtown Mount Dora on the corner of 4th Ave. and Donnelly St. They were rated #9 of 10 top quirkiest places in the country to spend Christmas by Virtual Tourist.com. Check out the link for Virtual Tourist Press Release: www.prweb.com/releases/2007/12/prweb586502.htm .

I spend a fair amount of time in this fine establishment. It is a wonderful place to do business, watch sporting events, hang out and kill some time or forget your worries over a few mugs of fine European beer straight out of the tap. Ms. Bonnie, my favorite bartender, will see to your every need!

I can assure you this won't be the last post I do from this location. Be sure and check it out and don't forget to take your www.WhatToDoInMountDora.com Discount Card with you.











Cheers from the Frosty Mug,

Brian


No comments: