Thursday, January 10, 2008

Spring Cleaning in January

Did some Spring cleaning today. Okay ... I know it's winter ... but the 80 degree weather made it feel like spring.

Had to make some room for new energy efficient appliances in our basement. Yes, I did say basement. Part of our goal this year is to make our house green and eco-friendly. This new washer reduces energy usage by 58% and water usage by 38%. That should be a significant utility savings considering how much laundry we do. To put the icing on the cupcake, we're also switching to gas and getting a tankless water heater. I was really impressed at how many incentives and rebates there are to make these green upgrades. I think it's fantastic that there is encouragement out there to go green.

Back to the basement ... it is hard to find any handyman/contractor/etc. that knows or understands anything about the maintenance of a basement here in Florida. They usually think I'm kidding when I say I have one. It's actually quite common here in Mount Dora. I mean, we are a "mount" after all.

--Rachelle

No comments: