Friday, January 4, 2008

An Apple A Day ...

Feeling a little under the weather today, so I went up to our local health food store to see what kind of healthy, natural nip-it-in-the-bud concoction I could find. I ended up choosing a mix of carrot, beet, celery, ginger and apple juice with a shot of wheat grass locally grown. To be honest, it didn't sound too appetizing. But I don't have time to be sick, so miracle cures on on my menu tonight.

The whole thing was made right in front of me. I had the equivalent to 6 carrots, one whole apple, 4 celery stalks, some beets and a slice of ginger all in a sippy cup. Why don't parents use this trick on their kids? The juice ended up looking kind of ... groovy. Bright red with some green swirls and orange foamy bubbles. I know that doesn't paint a pretty picture, but it actually tasted pretty good. And I swear I wasn't plugging my nose to gulp it down. It's flavor was more on the apple/carrot juice side than any other ingredient.

So now I'm off to drink my 3rd cup of wellness tea so I'll be better in the morning.

--Rachelle

No comments: