Any fans of Queen out there? "I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike ..." Okay, I'll turn off Queen and get down to the nitty gritty. This weekend is the 34th annual Bicycle Festival hosted by the Mount Dora Chamber of Commerce. I've included some local tips and tricks below for all you bike enthusiasts. Plan to have a fun weekend here in Mount Dora!
1) Carb up at PizzAmore's bottomless pasta bowls offered Thursday night.
2) Stock up on water, energy bars and healthy snacks at The Health Basket. Located next to Gold's Gym on 441.
3) Forgot your sunscreen? Hat? Need an aspirin? There are a couple of stores downtown that you can walk to if you've forgotten a needed incidental. Check out Noni and Whispering Winds on Donnelly. Also Walk In The Woods on 5th Avenue.
4) Need a jolt of caffeine, bottled water or fresh smoothie? We have several coffee shops downtown that offer a variety of beverages for whatever you're thirsty for. Check out The Village Coffee Pot, One Flight Up and the Mount Dora Coffee House.
5) Blow out a tire? Break a chain? Need a bike shop? Check out Sun Cycle in Tavares. Only about 5 miles away.
6) After a long bike ride, treat yourself to a massage or pedicure. One thing we have an abundance of in Mount Dora is Spas and Wellness Centers. There are several downtown within walking (or biking) distance including Aveda, Synergy Salon & Spa, Sole Spa, Healthy Alternatives and Essential Therapies. Check them out on our spa page.
7) Pamper your tootsies even more and slip into some comfy shoes at Donnelly Euro Footwear.
8) Want to kick back, enjoy a cold brew and some live entertainment? Take a look at our Mount Dora After 5:00 list and pick your evening watering hole.
9) When you're on your way home from Mount Dora, if you happen to be passing through Orlando, stop by and see our bike enthusiast friends at Bikes, Beans & Bordeaux for a coffee and snack to go.
10) Fill out the comment form below and let us know what your tip-of-the-day would be for fellow cyclists!