Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ice Cream in the Village

After what seems to have been a long and welcome Spring, we are hitting 90 degrees tomorrow folks. All I gotta say is, "Hot town, summer in the city back of my neck getting dirty and gritty ..."


Really though, it's not that bad. It cools down to the low 70's at night. And during the day, you can go and grab some homemade ice cream at the Village Coffee Pot to cool you off. The heat is a good excuse to get yourself a treat and The Village Coffee Pot offers more than just delicious coffee.


Ahktar or Carol will gladly serve up sandwiches, smiles, and words of wisdom too. Today's quote of the day, "Inspiration plus perspiration combine to produce success." Well, I've been doing a lot of perspiration lately on many projects and have certainly felt like the brand of ice cream served called "Working Cow." Hopefully that means success is right around the corner!


After putting in a lot of hours this week, I treated myself to an ice cream cone. Cappuccino Chip. It occurred to me that I actually have not had ice cream in a "cone" for a very long time. I usually just get a little bowl and devour it one delicious spoonful at a time. But today was SUPPOSED to be about play ... so I chose to eat my treat in a more fun way leaving me with sticky fingers and a smile on my face.

--Rachelle

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was visiting my grandmother in downtown Mt. Dora and i came across this coffee shop, that caught my eye, Village Coffee Pot. Their ice cream gave me a exquisite, mouthwatery sensatation. My mom thought that their coffee had quite a pleasant taste. The workers were very friendly & caring towards not only us, but all customers! The place was also very sanitized had gave a very friendly atmosphere, and the place was enriched with the smell of coffee. The trip made our visit to Mt. Dora, indeed, a memorable trip!