Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth


With swim wear season just around the corner, it's time to start counting calories. But that's hard to do if you have a sweet tooth like mine. I still try and get my sugar fix, just in smaller portions. Which is why I'm excited about Cupcake Delights, a little cupcake bakery in town that makes the quintessential little-mini-individual-sized dessert. Okay, so I know it's still probably high in calories ... but I still feel less guilty.


Cupcake Delights has a variety of flavors to satisfy your sweet tooth. Everything from Banana Split and Butter Pecan to Creepy Crawler and Go Fish that are accented with little gummy candies and fun for the kids. Or, just the kid in you. I tried the Kahlua & Cream. Yummmmm.




How do you like to eat your cupcake? My grandmother likes to cut hers in half. Brian just like to dive right in and take a bite. Me, personally, I have a ritual. I like to eat the frosting first by scooping up creamy gobs of goodness onto my finger instead of using a fork. Then, I like to cut the bare, frostingless cake in thirds. I savor the first two delicious bites and then delight that I still have more than half of my dessert left to enjoy. Yeah, I know it's a trick of the mind. But it's my dessert devouring game.

--Rachelle

No comments: