Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Little Pot of Tea

This afternoon I had the lovely opportunity to have tea with a good friend and her young daughter. It was a special occasion, because at only 2 1/2 years of age, this was Katie's first tea party. Only ... she opted for sweet lemonade. The gracious host at the Garden Gate served the chilled lemonade in a Peter Rabbit tea pot accompanied with a china cup and dainty doily.



The way Katie held her tea cup so carefully so as not to spill an ounce or drop the cup was absolutely precious. Good job, Mom, in raising a lady!

Jackie and I sipped on a refreshing raspberry and peach infused iced tea while catching up on life and nibbling on a healthy lunch.

The Garden Gate Tea Room is a special, whimsical place adorned with lace and flowers, doves in the garden and china cups and saucers. If you have time for more than lunch, you can make reservations for high tea which is a fancy treat. It's everything girlie and a fantastic place for any special occasion ... even just catching up with an old friend.

--Rachelle


"I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle. Here is my spout. When I get all steamed up hear me shout, just tip me over and pour me out."



No comments: