Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Eat Fresh. Buy Local.

I've mentioned before that I love a good farmer's market. With all of the talk in the media about organics and buying locally grown food, it seems more and more people are looking for farmer's markets in their area.

We have a new farmer's market that just started in Tavares and the quality of vendors here REALLY impressed me. You've got your open market standards such as fresh produce, plants, homemade organic soaps and jewelry. In addition, there is a gourmet pasta company offering unique and interesting flavors such as basil spelt linguine and dark chocolate pasta. Yes. I did say dark chocolate pasta. I tried a piece and it is delish! There is also a local company called Joe's Oat Patties that creates 100% vegan meatless burger mixes. I purchased their Organic Sunrise Sausage mix to try.

This farmer's market meets every Tuesday (today) from 9:00 to 1:00 p.m. behind the courthouse by Lake Dora. So grab your cash and your market bags and check this one out!

--Rachelle

No comments: