Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Super-Highway

Do you remember, 10 to 15 years ago, the commercials running about the future of information. The little actress from the movie "The Piano" talking about the "information super-highway" that was to become the internet?

I had to drive to Tampa this week and that memory popped up on my road trip. Not because I was checking email or blogging while driving ... heaven forbid! Simply just the term "super-highway" in relation to the 429.

I was no more than 30 minutes away from my driveway in downtown Mount Dora when I was already passing the exit for Disney and could see the big globe at Epcot in a distance. This new road has put all the major theme park attractions within reasonable traffic-free driving distance.

Now ... if only they could clear up the congestion around Lakeland, life would be perfect!

No comments: