Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Moon Over Mount Dora


Tonight's entertainment was provided by none other than nature herself. I have to say it's a tough act to beat. A total lunar eclipse. We walked our dog around the park all the while humming, "Well, it's a marvelous night for a Moondance with the stars up above in your eyes ..."


I don't think I have the energy to stay up all night and watch the entire astronomical show. But, the 1st Act was spectacular. Kind of a reddish haze of light overtaking the moon with the planet Saturn framing the bottom half of the moon.



I was crazy enough to think I could photograph something 238,000 miles from earth. But, wouldn'tcha know, my little camera at least picked up a blur of light!!! I've posted my amateur pictures to the left. Good night!

--Rachelle

No comments: