Monday, May 19, 2008

SunLove Fest

At the end of a long workweek (and after a night of partying) I usually want to stay in a relaxed state of mind on Sunday. So today I strolled down to the SunLove Festival in Eustis.

There was an array of relaxing things to do ... get a massage by the lake, listen the soulful music, tasting some rainforest teas, retail therapy with art & jewelry booths, and I could even build my own snuggly teddy bear if I wanted to.

I choose to have an organic root beer (all the flavor, half the guilt) and get a psychic reading done for fun. I wont divulge any personal information revealed in the reading ... but I will say it was pretty accurate!

I also stopped at a booth and learned about "vermiculture" and creating my own worm composting farm in my backyard. Sounds gross, but it was actually pretty interesting. One of these worm composters can reduce organic garbage going into the landfills by 600 pounds per year per household and provide eco-friendly lawn and garden fertilizer. I just might have to incorporate that into our backyard garden ... as soon as I get a garden.


The music was soothing. The breeze was cooling. And I went home feeling light hearted and refreshed. Brian always wonders how I can feel relaxed after shopping and browsing. Must be a girl thing.


--Rachelle

No comments: