Monday, March 3, 2008

Pow Wow


"I'm an Indian outlaw ...

half Cherokee and Choctaw ...

my baby she's a Chippewa ...

she's one of a kind" ...




Okay, so maybe I'm NOT an Indian outlaw ...
but it sure is fun singin' Tim McGraw's lyrics while walking through the Thundering Spirit Pow Wow held in Mount Dora this weekend.


I don't have an Indian heritage, but I find history and nature fascinating. With bald eagles, owls, singing, dancing, crafts and food, this Pow Wow had something to offer for everyone.

I tried a little something new ... Indian Fry Bread. Served made-to-order, fresh and hot. This "bread" is golden and crunchy on the outside and soft and doughy in the middle.

I would compare it to a carnival funnel cake ... only its more the shape of donut ... without the hole ... and it's the size of your plate. Sprinkled with cinnamon, my sweet tooth was satisfied.

1 comment:

Spiderwrulf said...

This is a Great Pow wow! This coming year has a MUST SEE performers list of Joanne Shenadoah, Tommy Wildcat, Jackie Bird, Alan Mose Jr. and Utah Ferris. See more about this pow wow at:
http://thundering-spirit.tripod.com/