The Center for Multicultural Wellness and Prevention, Inc., will host a fund raiser – “Finding Dora Drawdy”- on Saturday April 27, 2013 at the LakesideInn, downtown Mount Dora. The Lakeside Inn will be the host site where the event starts and ends. The event will start at 10:00am sharp in the lobby of the Lakeside Inn, where $30 ticket holders will be able to pick up a map of the participating stores that will feature candidates for the “Finding Dora Drawdy” contest. There will be 20 participating stores in downtown Mount Dora that will feature their own rendition of Dora Drawdy to the public. Ticket holders ($30) will be able to use 15 coupons (which will be given to them upon signing in at the Lakeside Inn) to vote for their favorite Dora Drawdy candidate. Ticket holders will use the map, which will have the names and locations of all participating stores, to visit and vote for their favorite Dora Drawdy candidates. Ticket holders can use all 15 coupons at any one store or they can vote among different stores.
Additionally, all ticket holders ($30) are entitled to lunch at the Lakeside Inn. If you do not have a ticket holder, but would like to vote for your favorite Dora Drawdy candidate, you will be able to visit the participating stores, purchase a $1 coupon and place your vote in the box next to the stores’ Dora Drawdy candidate. Each participating store can increase their chance of winning the grand prize by encouraging visitors to purchase extra $1 voting coupons.
There will also be vendors located in the lobby of the Lakeside Inn to showcase their products and/or services to everyone visiting the Lakeside Inn. Visitors and tickets holders will be able to visit these vendors to inquire about their products and/or services.
Schedule of Activities:
10:00 am – Review and voting for Dora Drawdy Candidates
12:00 pm - Voting stops. Open Vendor visits
12:30 pm – Luncheon at the Lakeside Inn
12:45 pm – Fashion Show featuring local Mount Dora boutiques
1:30 pm – Open Vendor visits
2:00 pm - Selection of First and Second place Dora Drawdy winners
· Tickets are $30.00 including lunch at the Lakeside Inn ($15.00 LUNCH/$15.00 contribution to help women with mammogram screening for Breast Cancer)
· Each $30 ticket comes with 15 voting coupons to nominate the winning “Dora Drawdy”
· Additional voting coupons can be purchased at all participating “Tour of Shoppes” at $1.00 EACH
· Each participating store will contribute $25 to be part of the fund raiser and be in the running of being the winner of the grand prize of $125, plus being named the best “Dora Drawdy” in Mount Dora.
· Each participating store can sell additional $30 tickets with the incentive of earning 25 extra coupons that would go towards selecting their own Dora Drawdy.
· Greeting cards by Amy Sellers featuring the portrait of Dora Drawdy will have a portion of the sales contribute to the fundraiser.
· All 300 tickets will be available online through VisitMountDora(tm). There will be a $1 per convenience fee per ticket at time of sale. You may purchase tickets NOW at www.MountDoraEvents.com.
· Lake County Gazette has promised to provide “in-kind” photographers for the event. The “Finding Dora Drawdy” fundraiser will be featured in the April 2013 issue of the Lake County Gazette.
· There will be 11 outside vendors (1 for CMWP) set up in the lobby of the Lakeside Inn
· Fashion Show participants will feature the local downtown boutiques.
· Dora Drawdy’s great, great, great granddaughter Eva, will be the focus at the fashion show and will crown the Dora Drawdy winner that day.
“DORA CANIDATE AT THE STORE LOCATION”
1. EACH PARTICIPATING STORE OWNER WILL NOMINATE A CANIDATE WHO EMBODIES THE “SPIRIT” OF DORA DRAWDY
2. “DORA” CANDIDATE WILL BE AT THE STORE LOCATIONS FROM 10:00AM -12:00PM
3. “DORA” CANDIDATE WILL BE DRESSED AS “PAST” OR “PRESENT” DORA DRAWDY
4. “DORA” CANDIDATE WILL HAVE PART OF HISTORY OF DORA TO TELL
5. “DORA” CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE “VOTING TICKETS” AT STORE SITE
6. FIRST PLACE AND RUNNER-UP WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT 2:00PM AT THE LAKESIDE INN
7. “DORA” WINNER WILL RECEIVE CASH PRIZE/PAMPERING/PARADE PRESENCE
8. “DORA” WINNER WILL BE “FACE OF 2013” ON NEXT YEARS PORTRAIT