Saturday, February 28, 2009
Thursday, March 5 9AM-6PM; Friday, March 6 9AM-4PM
Admission price is $6.00 per person.
Venue for the event is Lake Receptions, 4425 Hew 19A, Mt. Dora, FL 32757.
The show will feature over 200 quilts on display, quilts for sale, silent auction, demonstrations, opportunity quilt, lunch available for purchase. For more information contact email@example.com.
2009 Raffle Quilt.
Raffle tickets $1 ea or 6 for $5
See any member for tickets.
Friday, February 27, 2009
February 27, 28, March 1, 2009
Renninger's Twin Markets
20651 New Highway 441 Mount Dora, Florida 32757
Just East of Mount Dora ~ Just 30 miles North of OrlandoGates open at 10 a.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Admission is $3 for adults and free for children younger than 12. Active or retired military personnel will be admitted free with identification.
Bring a lawn chair or blanket.
For details, call 1-800-619-0045, Ext. 61, or 352-636-4271; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; or go to thundering-spirit.tripod.com.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
See you in the park.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Here are some highlights from the show. Larry Hoppen from "Orleans" and his All-Star band rocked the house and all for a good cause, to renovate our beloved Community Building.
Can't wait to see what Kevin and Mickey come up with next.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Hey folks, the freezing temps and moisture from the past few days have left feet of fresh powder all over the slopes of Mount Dora. All lifts are open with fresh powder trails to blaze on every run!
Just kidding of course. Our mountain is only 183 feet above sea level at best and the sun is shining with temps in the upper 70's. The little bit of ice on my garage melted in seconds when the sun came up this morning.
I am skiing in Whistler/Blackcomb, Canada by the time you read this though! Somebody has to support the Canadian ski industry so I volunteered myself for this week.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Stop by and test drive the amazing MBT footwear offered by the folks from MBT and Euro Donnelly Footwear while you are shopping the Mount Dora Art Festival. They have two booths at this years show and experts that will give you all of the details of this marvelous footwear. I bought a pair last month and can attest to the effectiveness of the design and purpose. Your back will thank you!
Check out the MBT video we produced last month. Click here... MBT Video.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Check out Teresa Haun from Lake Tahoe, CA displaying her fine craftsmanship at this year's Mount Dora Art Festival at the corner of Alexander and 3rd Ave. She makes personal journals that are absolutely fabulous. You can preview her work and get more information at her website - www.MindsEyeJournals.com
Friday, February 6, 2009
Downtown has got a busy hum to it this week as the merchants prepare for the big Art Festival this weekend. As a local, I thought I'd offer some tips for visitors. To see some photos of last years event check out our photo gallery on the website.
1. Arrive Early! During the Craft Fair this past October, I took my dog for a walk around 9:00 a.m. and the crowds were not yet bumping shoulders in the streets. Getting here that early provides you with ample time to find excellent parking, grab a cup of coffee and meander the streets as the vendors tidy up any last minute details before the official start time at 10:00. You'll also be able to get a much better view of the artwork if you are in a more serious buying mood.
2. Wear comfortable shoes. There is a lot to see spread out all throughout the town. And, if you've never been here before we do have quite a bit of an incline on some of our streets. They don't call us "Mount" Dora for nothing.
3. Bring some canvas shopping bags. If you got bags on wheels, even better. As you make your purchases, you'll be thankful that you have something to carry them all in. There is a great little store on Donnelly called Whispering Winds that sells expandable market bags. What I love about these is that you can bunch them up into a ball and throw them in your purse ... but they expand big enough to hold about four beach towels.
4. Bring a bottled water and a snack. We do have some great restaurants and coffee shops downtown, however the crowds will get big around lunchtime. The food will definitely be worth the wait. But if you plan on making a day of this event then you'll be happy you have a little something to hold you over.
5. Don't forget your sunglasses. I've done this one before. It's kind of annoying to have to squint and cup your hands over your eyes to see anything. Even better ... wear a hat.
6. Wear sunscreen. Even though you will probable slip into some shops and restaurants downtown, most of the festival is outdoors.
7. Do not bring your pets. Only dogs used for medical purposes will be permitted. Othewise, you'll get all the way here and be turned away at the baracades.
8. Bring cash or your check book. There are usually some art vendors that accept credit cards ... but you don't want to test your luck. There is a walk-up ATM at the Bank of America on the corner of Alexandar & 5th in case you forget.
9. If you want to wheel-n-deal it is better to come later in the afternoon on Sunday.
10. Most importantly ... HAVE FUN! This is a fantastic event with over 285 artists from around the world. And this time of year should bestow great weather for the weekend.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Kiku Japanese Restaurant
6951 Old Highway 441 S
Mountt Dora, FL 32757
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Click on the image to enlarge.
Visit the Mount Dora Community Concerts website for more information.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Watch the big game on our two HDTV in Hi-Def as the Steelers and the Cardinals battle it out on the gridiron! For a $10 cover you to enjoy the following:
· Alexander's Pizza, and Pizza Rolls
· Hors D’ Oeuvres by Christina
· A red or white wine tasting flights available
· Discounted domestic, imported, and micro-brew beers
· Special discounts on wines by the glass!
· Half-time Champaign Toast!
Or email – email@example.com
To reserve your spot for Sunday!